Should You Sell or Renovate Your Home?
If you are thinking about selling your house and have seen some TV shows about renovating and think it is easy that you are considering renovating in your own way to increase the value of your house. However, before you embark on the renovations project you should be aware of a few things first. These projects can be costly, so you need the expert advice of a realtor, finding a good Kitchener Real Estate agent can help you make the right decision when selling or renovating your home. And in addition to finding a professional real estate agent, here are some other things to consider.
Renovate A House VS Buy A New One
Before making a decision, it is imperative to consider what you and your family need in a home and if those needs can be met with a renovation. If you want to drastically increase the number of square meters, make changes in all the rooms or design a custom house, it may be convenient to consider the demolition and reconstruction of the house. If you only plan to remodel the basement to convert it into a useful space, expand the kitchen or add a second floor, renovating your home may be the cheapest and smartest choice.
But before making a decision it is essential to consider what are the advantages and disadvantages of renovating a house or demolishing it and building a new one.
Advantages Of Buying A New Home
- The design is 100% customizable, so you can get the type of house you want as long as the budget fits your pocket.
- The satisfaction of getting involved in the design and construction process of your home is indescribable.
Advantages Of Renovating A House
- Renovating a house can be very entertaining and allows you to incorporate the characteristics and style you want.
- If you like the area where you live, renovating your home is a great alternative to improve various aspects of housing without the need for removals.
- If you plan to sell the house in the near future, the remodels could add value to the sale price and make it a more attractive option for potential buyers.
As we have explained before, if you are planning a very radical renovation that includes structural changes (ceilings, floors, electrical installations, plumbing, etc.), it may be cheaper to start from scratch.
Also, no matter how much planning you have, the costs of remodeling a house can also go up due to unforeseen problems that arise during the work; That is why it is essential to request a budget of everything before making a decision. A Kitchener Realtor can help you find a new home with your own budget.
Age Of The Dwelling
If you have recently been looking at old houses to remodel because you like the wooden floors or the decorative ceilings, you know that it is not worth breaking down the house to build a new one. However, you should be very careful with the state in which the house is located, because if it is too old, structural problems may arise and become a real danger.